The X-Files: I Want To Believe (US BD) in December
Fox Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of The X-Files: I Want To Believe on 2nd December 2008 priced at $39.99 SRP. Directed by series creator Chris Carter from a story he penned with executive producer Frank Spotnitz, the second X-Files film reunites stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for a standalone story that picks up six years after the series ended.
Region coding is TBC, though the vast majority of Fox titles (all but 2 at the time of writing) are Region A.
The Blu-ray Disc is authored in BD-J on a 50GB dual-layer disc and marks the studio’s first foray into BD-Live with exclusive features, games, additional content and connectivity to other BD-Live users. Additional BD-exclusive features include picture-in-picture commentary with series creator Chris Carter and producer Frank Spotnitz along with “The X-Files” Complete Interactive Timeline on-screen track chronicling the entire series mythology.
- Includes both Theatrical Version (104mins) and Unrated Extended Cut (108mins)
- 1080P Widescreen (AVC MPEG4)
- English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- French and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
- BD-Live web-enabled content
- The X-Files Dossier: Agent Dakota Whitney Files – create your own Special Agent avatar profile to browse through 5 “X-Files” case files on clairvoyance; users can post their own notes and theories to her files online and download other profiles; users can also participate in several online forensic challenges with Agent Drummy (with new cases posted weekly to the studio supported BD-Live web portal for the first several weeks of release)
- BonusView mode
- The X-Files Complete Interactive Timeline – featuring over 80 video clip segments from “The X-Files” archives
- Picture-in-picture commentary with Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz*
- In-Movie Features via BD remote direct access*
- Real-time Index (Red Button)
- BonusView Commentary (Green Button)
- Behind The Camera (Blue Button)
- Storyboards and Concept Art (Yellow Button)
- Isolated Score track
- Enhanced for D-Box Motion Code systems
- Digital Copy of the film for portable media players
*available on the Extended Cut only.
All extras from the DVD release are included and listed below:
- Audio commentary by Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz
- Body Parts: Special Make-up Effects featurette
- Chris Carter: Statements on Green Production featurette
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Music Slideshow - “Dying 2 Live” by Xzibit
- Theatrical Trailers
- Still Galleries
- Concept Art
- Unit Photography
- Trust No One: Can The X-Files Remain A Secret? feature-length documentary
- Part 1 – “You Can Go Home Again”
- Part 2 – “Misinformation”
- Part 3 – “Don’t Give Up”
Also released is a double-pack featuring both X-Files movies (Fight the Future and I Want To Believe) priced at $59.98 SRP.