The Express (US BD) in January
Universal Studios Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of The Express on 20th January 2009 priced at $39.98 SRP. Rob Brown and Dennis Quaid star in this film based on the inspirational life of college football hero Ernie Davis (Brown), the first African-American to win the Heisman Trophy.
- 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- French and Spanish 5.1 DTS
- English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
- BD-Live: My Scenes Sharing & Download Centre
- 50th Anniversary of the 1959 Syracuse National Championship - Utilizing rare archival footage and through interviews with players, coaches and fans, discover how Ernie Davis and his team won Syracuse University their only football national championship in 1959. (BD Exclusive)
- Commentary with director Gary Fleder
- Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by director Gary Fleder
- Making of The Express - Director Gary Fleder, 2nd Unit Director Alan Graf, Production Designer Nelson Coates Cinematographer Kramer Morganthau along with cast Dennis Quaid, Rob Brown and Charles Dutton discuss how they created the look of this film set in 1959.
- Making History: The Storie of Ernie Davis - Director Gary Fleder, actors Rob Brown, Charles Dutton, and football hall of fame legend Jim Brown discuss the impact of Ernie Davis’s life on and off the field during the civil rights movement in the late 1950’s.
- Inside the Playbook: Shooting the Football Games - Through graphics and audio commentary, Director Gary Fleder and 2nd Unit Director Alan Graf will break down three plays from the film from a variety of different angles that they shot to show the progression from start to finished film.
- From Hollywood to Syracuse: The Legacy of Ernie Davis