The Da Vinci Code (UK BD) in May
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of The Da Vinci Code on 4th May 2009. Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Sir Ian McKellen, Alfred Molina and Jean Reno star in this adaptation of Dan Brown's international bestseller.
Timed to the theatrical release of Angels & Demons, the Blu-ray Disc release of The Da Vinci Code features the 174-minute extended cut (that was released on DVD in parts of Europe, Asia and in Australia, but not in the UK or USA). There are also new Blu-ray exclusive extras including the interactive picture-in-picture (I-PiP) feature “Unlocking the Code” which allows viewers to toggle between eight simultaneous I-PiP streams, new commentary on select scenes with director Ron Howard, and advanced BD-Live features including cinechat in-movie chat. Additionally there are 17 featurettes and a preview of Angels & Demons.
Video preview of the extras:
Coded for all regions (A, B and C), features include:
- 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
- English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
- English, English HOH, Danish, Finnish, Hindi, Norwegian and Swedish subtitles
- BD-Live Features:
- cinechat – In-movie chat feature allows you to create “virtual” viewing parties and chat with your friends through your internet-connected Blu-ray player.
- More to be announced
- Exclusive First Look at Angels & Demons, introduced by Ron Howard, featuring five minutes of footage from the film that can only be seen on The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut Blu-ray Disc.
- Unlocking the Code: This interactive picture-in-picture (I-PIP) feature will let you discover even more about The Da Vinci Code as you are enjoying the film. Once inside Unlocking the Code, keep an eye on the symbols that appear across the top of the screen. Each gives you direct access to trivia and behind the scenes footage that you can unlock with a click of your remote. When a symbol illuminates, just select it and hit enter to play. The footage, facts or images you've selected will appear on screen as you continue to watch the film. I-PiP streams include:
- Interviews: Hear from filmmakers and the cast.
- B-roll: Observe the action behind the scenes.
- Prop Talk: Learn how props were made.
- Storyboards: See the shots before the cameras rolled.
- Photos: Behind the scenes snapshots.
- Location Trivia: Fun facts about the different locations in the film.
- Langdon’s Journey: Keep track of Langdon’s every move.
- Symbols & Codes: discover hidden symbols put in place by filmmakers, including the enlightening Alchemic Journeys of our two heroes.
- New Commentary on Selected Scenes with Ron Howard
- First Day on the Set with Ron Howard
- The Filmmakers’ Journey Part 1
- The Filmmakers’ Journey Part 2
- A Discussion With Dan Brown
- A Portrait of Langdon
- The Codes of The Da Vinci Code
- Who is Sophie Neveu?
- The Music of The Da Vinci Code
- Unusual Suspects
- Book To Screen
- Magical Places
- The Da Vinci Props
- Close-up on Mona Lisa
- The Da Vinci Sets
- Re-creating Works of Art
- Scoring The Da Vinci Code
- The Visual Effects World of The Da Vinci Code