Surf's Up (BD) in October
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the US Region A Blu-ray Disc release of Surf’s Up on 9th October 2007 priced at $38.95 SRP. From Sony Pictures Animation comes this film which goes behind the scenes of the high-octane world of competitive penguin surfing. Inspired by his hero, the legendary wave rider Big Z, Cody Maverick leaves his family and his town of Shiverpool, Antarctica to travel to Pen Gu Island for the Big Z Memorial Surf Off – Cody’s first pro competition. Cody believes that winning will bring him the admiration and respect he deserves. But when he unexpectedly comes face to face with Geek, a washed up old surfer, Cody begins to understand that the greatest champion isn’t always the one who comes in first.
Directed by Ash Brannon (co-director on Toy Story 2) and Chris Buck (director of Disney’s Tarzan) Surf’s Up features the vocal talents of Shia LaBeouf,, Jeff Bridges, Zooey Deschanel and Jon Heder.
Arriving day-and-date with the DVD release all major extras are carried across and presented in HD. Features include:
- 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
- English PCM 5.1 (Uncompressed)
- English Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround (Lossless)
- French and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
- English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
- “The ChubbChubbs Save XMAS” – All-New Animated Short!
- Surf’s Up Pinball Game
- Lost Scenes with optional filmmaker intros
- Music Video – Ms. Lauryn Hill “Lose Myself”
- Meet the Penguins with Mario Cantone
- All Together Now: The Surf’s Up Voice Sessions
- Arnold’s Zurfinary – Arnold Gives a Kids-Eye View of Surf Terminology
- “Not A Drop of Real Water” – Three-Part Documentary that takes viewers behind-the-scenes of the Film and its Technical Achievements
- Progression Reels
- Filmmakers Commentary
- Visual Effects Commentary
- “The ChubbChubbs” – The original Academy Award®-winning Animated Short
- Photo Galleries