Scarface (US BD) in September
Universal have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Scarface on 6th September 2011. Brian De Palma’s gangster classic has been newly restored and comes with 7.1 audio, new bonus content and for a limited time only, Scarface Special Limited Edition Blu-ray comes with collectible SteelBook packaging, ten exclusive art cards*, a digital copy of the film and a DVD of the original 1932 Scarface.
*The art cards will be selected via a National Fan Art Contest. More details below…
NATIONAL FAN ART CONTEST
To celebrate the film’s Blu-ray debut, fans will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to design Scarface-inspired artwork using classic Tony Montana images from the film. Universal will select the Top 25 submissions based on creativity, originality, quality of composition/design and utilization of the Scarface theme. Fans will vote on their favourite 10 submissions which will then be featured as exclusive art cards in the Scarface Limited Edition Blu-ray. The designer who garners the highest number of fan votes will become the Grand Prize winner, and will have their art featured on both the art card and on a high-profile billboard in a major US city to promote the release.
For more information on how to enter the fan art contest and to be among the first to hear future exciting, exclusive announcements about Scarface on Blu-ray, join over 3.6 million fans on Facebook and visit www.facebook.com/scarfacethemovie.
- 1080P 2.35:1 Widescreen
- English 7.1 DTS-HD MA
- English 2.0 DTS Surround
- French and Spanish DTS 2.0 Surround Mono
- English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
- The Scarface Phenomenon— This all-new documentary presents Scarface as a unique phenomenon in cinema history. It explores how a film plagued by controversy leading up to its release has become a Hollywood classic, influencing a whole new generation of filmmakers and leaving a lasting imprint on popular culture.
- Deleted Scenes
- The World of Tony Montana —Experience the world of the ultimate gangster and hear from experts on the real world violence, fear and paranoia that surrounds a drug lord.
- The Rebirth —Director Brian De Palma, producer Martin Bregman, actor Al Pacino, and screenwriter Oliver Stone revisit the history of Scarface, from the inspiration of the original Howard Hawks classic to the evolution of the script.
- The Acting — Join the filmmakers, Al Pacino and Steven Bauer to discover how each of the roles was cast and how Brian De Palma worked with his actors to get unforgettable performances.
- The Creating — A fascinating, controversial and definitive journey through the making of the film, which began with the production being forced to leave its initial location in Florida. Discover how the chainsaw scene was filmed, learn about the production design, the photography, and the struggle to get the film an “R” rating.
- Scarface: The TV Version—A revealing and hilarious montage of film clips comparing the theatrical version to the network television version of Scarface.
- The Making of Scarface: The Video Game: Immerse yourself in the world of Scarface in this behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the video game.
- U-CONTROL - Scarface Scoreboard—Watch Scarface like never before. Keep track of the number of times the “F” word is used and monitor the bullets fired!
- U-CONTROL - Picture in Picture—Access interview footage of Brian De Palma, Al Pacino, Screenwriter Oliver Stone, and others without interruption to the movie experience. Also featured is a scene comparison between the 1983 version of Scarface and Howard Hawks’ original film.
- BD-Live / Pocket BLU
And finally, for the “ultimate collector and cigar enthusiast”, an elegantly hand-crafted Scarface-themed humidor will be made available in an exclusive, never-before-available, limited edition. Created by the renowned Daniel Marshall, the humidor’s exterior is hand painted and polished with the Marshall’s trademark “1000 coat brilliant finish.” The interior – made with untreated Spanish cedar – will properly condition and age approximately 100 cigars at optimal humidity levels. Limited to 1,000 worldwide, each individually numbered humidor comes embellished with custom medallions inspired by the iconic film and includes a certificate of authenticity.
SRP on the humidor gift-set you ask? A mere $999.99.
Here's a link to the Blu-ray trailer on YouTube - Blu-ray Trailer
And below is the steelbook artwork...