Resident Evil: Extinction & Resident Evil Trilogy (US BD) in January - Artwork added
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Resident Evil: Extinction on 1st January 2008 priced at $38.96 SRP. Milla Jovovich is back to kill more zombies in the third chapter of the Resident Evil series in which survivors of the Raccoon City catastrophe travel across the Nevada desert, hoping to make it to Alaska. Alice (Jovovich) joins the caravan and their fight against the evil Umbrella Corp.
Arriving day-and-date and coded for all regions (A, B and C), all extras from the DVD release are carried over and presented in a mixture of standard and high definition. These are complimented by some Blu-ray exclusives including Sony’s first picture-in-picture feature. Features include:
- 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
- English and French Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround
- Portuguese and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
- Subtitles (Main Feature): English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese
- Subtitles (Extras): Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese
- Under The Umbrella: Picture-in-Picture Experience – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment’s first immersive Picture in Picture (PIP) experience, which features interviews with the filmmakers and cast; storyboards; production photos and behind the scenes footage that runs concurrently with the movie. The Picture-in-Picture feature is only supported by Profile 1.1 players.
- Blu-wizard 2.0 – Customize the way you watch Special Features–Watch what you want, when you want and how you want!
- Create your own playlist from the Special Features on the disc
- Let the Blu-wizard do the driving–Watch the movie in real-time and the Wizard will intelligently insert in your selections, always returning you to the film right where you left off!
- A brand new feature, the Blu-wizard will not only remember what you watched, but also what you liked even after you’ve taken the disc out of your player!
- Audio Commentary with Producer/Writer Paul W.S. Anderson and Producer Jeremy Bolt
- 11 Deleted Scenes
- Making of Featurettes:
- Alice Vision: Preproduction
- The Big Bang: Shooting Resident Evil: Extinction
- Bigger, Faster, Stronger: The Undead Evolve
- Vegas Visual Effects: Miniatures
- Sneak Peek at Resident Evil: Degeneration, the first Resident Evil CGI feature film
Also making its debut on US Blu-ray Disc on 1st January 2008 is the first in the series, Resident Evil ($28.95 SRP) and a Resident Evil Trilogy Box-Set ($89.95 SRP) which features foil packaging. Details follow...
Resident Evil is coded for all regions (A, B and C) with all extras from the DVD release carried over and presented in HD. Features include:
- 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
- English and Italian Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround
- French, Spanish and Portuguese DD5.1 Surround
- Subtitles (Main Feature): English SDH, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
- Subtitles (Extra Features): English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
- Blu-Wizard 2.0 – Create your own playlist from the special features on the disc and Blu-Wizard will not only remember what you watched, but also what you liked
- "My Plague" by Slipknot
- Cast & Filmmakers' Commentary
- Visual Effects Commentary
- 12 Featurettes
- Alternate Ending with director Paul Anderson's video introduction