Quo Vadis (US BD) in March - Artwork added
Warner Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Quo Vadis on 17th March 2009 priced at $28.99 SRP. Directed by Mervyn LeRoy and based on the Nobel Prize-winning novel by Henry Siekiewicz, Quo Vadis takes place in ancient Rome from 64 – 68 AD during the reign of Emperor Nero (Peter Ustinov). General Marcus Vinicius (Robert Taylor) returns home from war after three years to a city rife with conflict between the new Christianity and the corrupt Roman Empire. He finds himself falling in love with Lygia (Deborah Kerr), a devout follower of the new religion, and his loyalty to the megalomaniacal Nero is shattered. The characters and events depicted are a mixture of actual historical figures and situations and fictionalized ones.
- Digitally remastered from restored picture and audio elements
- 1080P 1.33:1 Full Screen
- English, French, Spanish (Castilian and Latin), German and Italian 1.0 Dolby Digital
- English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese and Swedish subtitles (Movie and select bonus material)
- Commentary by critic/film historian F. X. Feeney
- New Featurette: In the Beginning: Quo Vadis and the Genesis of the Biblical Epic
- Original Roadshow Overture and Exit Music
- Theatrical Trailers
Extras are presented in SD.