Monty Python and the Holy Grail (US) in March
Sony have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Monty Python and the Holy Grail (35th Anniversary Edition) on 6th March 2012. The entire Python gang star in this hilarious retelling of the Knights of King Arthur and their quest for the Holy Grail.
Available on Blu-ray for the first time, features include:
- 1080P 1.66:1 Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
- English Original Mono Dolby Digital
- French (Parisian), Portuguese (Brazil) and Japanese DD5.1
- Subtitles: English, English SDH, Chinese (Mandarin Traditional)*, French (Parisian), Japanese*, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil)*, Spanish (Latin Am), Thai (*also on extras)
- BD Exclusives:
- The Film re-mastered to high definition standards never before seen
- The Holy Book of Days Second Screen Experience
- Lost Animations with introduction by Terry Gilliam
- Outtakes & Extended Scenes with introduction by Terry Jones
- Scintillating commentaries by Terry Gilliam & Terry Jones and even more revealing commentaries by John Cleese, Eric Idle & Michael Palin
- Quest for the Holy Grail Locations with Michael Palin & Terry Jones
- Lego Knights: The Knights of the Round Table in Lego
- Special Japanese Version
- How To Use Your Coconuts (an educational film)
- BBC Film Night on location
- Three Songs to sing-along
- Cast Directory Photo Gallery
The Blu-ray is coded for all regions.
Also debuting on March 6 is the first Monty Python interactive iPad app. From the press release:
“The Holy Book of Days” is a rich companion to the film, letting fans explore each of the 28 days of the filming of the movie through outtakes, diaries, audio recordings, scripts, and scores of stills. New illustrations, animations, and the story of the filming in the Pythons’ own words make each day of the Holy Grail come alive. The app offers a second screen experience too, letting users control and navigate the Blu-ray™ from the iPad. “The Holy Book of Days” will be available for $4.99 in the App Store. For a limited time, Sony is offering a $5 mail-in rebate when consumers purchase both the Blu-ray and iPad app.