Journey to the Center of the Earth (US BD) in October - Updated
Warner Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Journey to the Center of the Earth on 28th October 2008 priced at $35.99 SRP. On a quest to find out what happened to his missing brother, a scientist, his nephew and their mountain guide discover a fantastic and dangerous lost world in the centre of the earth.
The first 'shipment' will feature both 2-D and 3-D versions of the film on a single-disc, all subsequent/replenishment shipments will feature the 2-D version of the film only. SRP is $35.99 for both editions. UPC numbers are 794043123412 (2-D & 3-D Limited Edition) and 794043127939 (2-D Standard Edition).
2-D & 3-D LE – A single-disc includes both 2-D and 3-D versions of the film and 4 pairs of 3-D glasses are provided. The back cover does not carry any region code information. Features include::
- 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
- English and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
- English and Spanish subtitles
- Commentary by Brendan Fraser and director Eric Brevig
- A World Within Our World: Various Historical “Hollow Earth Theories” about what lies beneath our planet’s crust (HD)
- Being Josh: Profiling 12-year old co-star Josh Hutcherson (HD)
- How to make Dinosaur drool (HD)
2-D Standard Edition – Disc content is exactly the same as above just without the 3-D version of the film (and no 3-D glasses).
Artwork is again basically the same for both editions, the only difference being a slipcase box for the 3-D LE and standard amaray for the 2-D only edition...