Forgetting Sarah Marshall (US BD) in September - Art/Specs Updated
Universal Studios Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Forgetting Sarah Marshall on 30th September 2008 priced at $39.98 SRP. The latest comedy from the team behind 'Knocked Up' and 'The 40 Year Old Virgin' follows struggling musician Peter Bretter (Jason Segel) who is dumped by his long-term girlfriend, TV star Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell), and goes into a downward spiral. After a clumsy attempt at becoming a lothario backfires, he almost loses his job when he has a nervous breakdown. In a last ditch effort to put the past behind him, Peter heads for the sun-soaked beaches of Oahu for a well-deserved holiday. Everything goes swimmingly until Sarah turns up at the exact same resort accompanied by her new boyfriend, the wildly successful rock star Aldous Snow (Russell Brand)...
Arriving day-and-date on a dual-layer disc, the Blu-ray offers nearly all of the content of the 2-Disc DVD release (Theatrical and Extended Cuts plus extras) alongside additional Blu-ray exclusive content. Some extras are however exclusive to the DVD release - you can find more details on those here.
Features are detailed below…
- 1080P Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- French and Spanish 5.1 DTS Surround
- English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
Features carried over from the DVD releases:
- Theatrical (111mins) and Extended (118mins) Cuts
- Theatrical & Extended Feature Commentary with Director Nick Stroller, Executive Producer Rodney Rothman, Producer Shauna Robertson, Writer/Star Jason Segel and Cast Members Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Russell Brand, and Jack McBrayer
- Deleted and Extended Scenes: Over 2 hours of material
- Line-O-Rama – Alternate takes with different jokes for your favourite scenes
- Sex-O-Rama – Montage of Jason Segel’s sex scene
- Drunk-O-Rama – Montage of Jason Segel’s drunken Hawaiian night
- Gag Reel
- "A Taste for Love" – Watch how the crew created the puppets used in the film
- "Dracula's Lament" – Jason Segel’s table read version of the Dracula song
- "We've Got to Do Something" Music Video
- Raw Footage – Watch the video chats between Jason Segel and Bill Hader
- Red Band Trailer – Unrated version of the Theatrical Trailer
- Puppet Break-Up – Watch behind-the-scenes footage of Jason Segel and the puppet break-up scene
- Russell Brand: Aldous Snow – Get to know the British rock star
- The Letter "U" – Aldous Snow’s (Brand) television show for kids
- Crime Scene:
- Alternate Scenes
- Hunter Rush (Billy Baldwin) Line-O-Rama
- Sarah's New Show – Watch alternate versions of Sarah Marshall’s (Bell) television shows
- Video Diaries – Watch video footage from over 20 days of shooting
Blu-ray exclusive extras:
- U-Control: Picture in Picture - Enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film while watching the feature.
- U-Control: Visual Commentary - With director Nick Stoller, executive producer Rodney Rothman, producer Shauna Robertson, writer/star Jason Segel and cast members Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Russell Brand and Jack McBrayer.
- U-Control: Karaoke - Six songs from the film you can sing-along to
- Video Commentary - Watch the full-length film with commentary from director Nick Stoller, executive producer Rodney Rothman, producer Shauna Robertson, writer/star Jason Segel and cast members Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Russell Brand and Jack McBrayer.
- My Scenes Sharing - Pick your favourite scenes from the film to create your own video montage.
- BD-Live - Connect your BD-Live enabled player for access to interactive content from Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Also released is the Ultimate Unrated Comedy Collection. This box-set packs together Forgetting Sarah Marshall with fellow Judd Apatow comedies – both making their Blu-ray debuts - The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Knocked Up. Details can be found here. Retail is $89.98 SRP.