Dawn of the Dead (1978) (UK BD) in October
Arrow Video have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of Dawn of the Dead on 19th October 2009 priced at £17.99 RRP. George A. Romero's classic zombie movie is presented as a special three-disc edition – exclusive to the UK – and includes the George A. Romero approved Theatrical Cut of the film in 1080p resolution on Blu-ray, plus the Director's Cut and the Dario Argento Cut on DVD, the latter being made available on DVD as part of this collection for the first time in the UK.
Also included is a host of extras that include the rarely seen "Scream Greats" documentary on the career of special effects wizard Tom Savini, audio commentaries by the filmmakers and, for the first time, French Romero fanatic Nicolas Garreau's fascinating travelogue-come-documentary "Fan Of The Dead". Additionally, exclusively designed packaging features four different sets of artwork from which fans can choose to display the collection, including the little-seen "gasmask" artwork and an all-new, specially commissioned oil painting commemorating this landmark release of the film.
Dawn of the Dead is an HMV Exclusive release at first but will be available from all retailers around March next year.
Disc One (Blu Ray)
- Theatrical cut of the feature in 1080p High Definition
- DTS HD and Stereo audio options
- Audio commentary by director George A Romero, special effects artist Tom Savini and assistant director Chris Romero
- Audio commentary by producer Richard P. Rubinstein
- "Document of the Dead" documentary
- "Document of the Dead: The Lost Interview" and deleted scenes
- "Fan of the Dead" documentary
Disc Two (DVD)
- Director's cut of the feature
- "The Dead Will Walk" documentary
Disc Three (DVD)
- Dario Argento's cut of the feature
- "Scream Greats" documentary
- Publicity Vault containing US and German trailers, TV and Radio spots, reviews, Arrow Video's Giallo trailers ("Macabre", "Sleepless" and "The House by the Cemetery")
Exclusive, four artwork option packaging; double sided poster with all-new Rick Melton painting on one side and the original UK theatrical artwork on reverse; "For Every Night There is a Dawn" booklet written by Calum Waddell.