Blow (US BD) in September
Warner Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Blow on 23rd September 2008 priced at $28.99 SRP. Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz star in this fact-inspired drama which tells the story of George Jung, the man who established the American cocaine market in the 1970s.
The box-art carries no region coding information, much like all Warner Blu-ray releases (suggesting it is region free). We only note this because Blow is a New Line Cinema title, and is the first New Line release from Warner to feature the Warner Home Video back cover layout. It is also the first New Line Cinema title to not feature lossless audio. How this pertains to future New Line Cinema titles released by Warner we really can’t say, but we thought it was worth noting.
- 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
- English DD5.1 Surround
- English subtitles
- Focus Points – Relive the turbulent era of George Jung’s rise and fall through vintage footage accessible while you watch the film
- Commentary with director Ted Demme and the real George Jung
- Deleted Scenes
- Ted Demme's Production Diary
- "Push And Pull" music video by Nikka Costa
- George Jung interviews by director Ted Demme
- "Lost Paradise: Cocaine's Impact On Colombia" featurette
- ”Addiction: Body And Soul" featurette
- Fact Track: Trivia subtitle track with direct access to additional features
- Theatrical trailer