30 Days of Night (US BD) in February - Artwork added
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the US Region A Blu-ray Disc release of 30 Days of Night on 26th February 2008 priced at $38.96 SRP. Josh Harnett stars in this adaptation of the cult-hit graphic novel, brought to the screen by director David Slade. In a small Alaskan town, thirty days of night is a natural phenomenon. Very few outsiders visit, until a band of bloodthirsty, deathly pale vampires mark their arrival by savagely attacking sled dogs. But soon they find there are much more satisfying thirst-quenchers about: human beings. One by one, the townspeople succumb to a living nightmare, but a small group survives - at least for now. The vampires use the dark to their advantage, and surviving this cold hell is a game of cat and mouse, and screams.
Arriving day-and-date and coded for Region A, all extras specific to the film found on the DVD release are carried over and presented in high definition. Features include:
- 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
- English and French Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround
- Spanish, Portuguese and Thai DD5.1 Surround
- Subtitles (Main Feature): English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (Classic), Thai, Chinese
- Subtitles (Extra Features): Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Thai
- Blu-ray Exclusive: 30 IMAGES OF NIGHT Graphic Novel to Film Comparison Gallery
- Commentary with Josh Hartnett, Melissa George and Producer Rob Tapert
- 8 Behind the Scenes Featurettes:
- The Vampire
- Building Barrow
- The Look
- Blood, Guts & the Nasty #@$&!
- Night Shoots