Torment: Tides of Numenera Receives Console Patch
inXile have announced today that a patch for the console versions of Torment: Tides of Numenera is now available for download.
Having listened to player and community feedback, the patch contains numerous fixes including:
• Fixes many freezes that would happen in various situations.
• Numerous performance optimizations.
• Addendum text now appears on item descriptions. Dozens of items have more detailed descriptions depending on your lore skills and other factors.
• Fixes an issue that was preventing party members from bantering. Party members should now be much more talkative.
• Updates crisis sequences to rebalance a number of enemies. In certain situations, it will make combat proceed more quickly.
• Numerous fixes and improvements to movement grid, pathing, and AI. This should prevent issues where the game would hang in combat.
• Several quest and conversation fixes.
• Inspiring Presence and other looping sound effects have been reduced or removed.
The full content of the patch can be found in the patch notes here.
The Digital Fix were big fans of the game upon release, so it's heartening to here that the developer is continuing to improve its game months after the initial release.