Terms and Conditions
"We", "Us" is the administration and moderation team that run The Digital Fix.
Registration to The Digital Fix is free. You are allowed ONE account, of which the username cannot be changed at a later date.
Registrations using Gmail, Lycos, Postmaster, Mail, Fastmail, FSmail, and .ru email accounts, amongst other free providers, are not permitted. If any user currently has an email address with one of these providers against their account, this MUST be changed the next time their profile is updated.
Please note that we have put a temporary block on AOL email addresses for new registrations due to our server mail being misidentified as spam. This will be lifted once the issue has been resolved.
If you are an American Citizen under the age of 13 or have been previously banned from this site you are NOT permitted to register.
Use of anonymous proxies to access The Digital Fix is not permitted. If you are found to be using an anonymous proxy, you will be permanently banned from accessing the site.
By registering and using The Digital Fix, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
In order to protect The Digital Fix and its members from legal prosecution, and to maintain an environment that encourages debate and discussion, inappropriate material may not be posted, including (but not limited to):
- Posting inflammatory comments (commonly referred to as "trolling")
- Persistant xenophobia, racism or personal abuse directed at other forum member
- Posting obscene or pornographic material, or links to other sites that contain or promote obscene or pornographic material
- Discussion of how to circumvent copyright law, including (but not limited to) mod chips, peer-to-peer ("P2P") software, the creation of back-ups, or links to other sites that contain or promote unlicensed software
- Posting information that may invade the personal privacy of any other person
- Commercial advertising, or the promotion of your own site ("spamming")
- The promotion of pyramid or referral schemes
- Posting any material that breaks common law
- Requesting or distributing information via e-mail that cannot be posted on the site
Additionally the following actions are not allowed:
- Attempting to bypass the auto-censor
- Posting irrelevant material (commonly referred to as "padding")
- Posting links affiliated to other sites
- Including images within your post that are not hosted on your own webspace without the explicit permission of the webspace owner
If you find any post that you believe may contain any inappropriate material, contact us by using the "report bad post" button () attached to the post so that we may quickly take any necessary action.
Extensions to these Terms & Conditions
Certain forums within The Digital Fix contain threads that clarify the terms and conditions as relevant to that particular forum's content. They are:
- Bargain Forum
- Gaming and Computing Forums
- Television and DVD Forum
- Music and DVD Forum
- Sports Forum
- General Classifieds
- DVD Classifieds
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright on that material. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
Any copyright holders who find their material posted on the site should contact us and request that material's removal.
You may optionally use a signature. Signatures are subject to the same rules as message posts, as described above under "Inappropriate Material". Your signature may only be posted once per thread so as to avoid interupting the flow of conversation.
Signature images must be no larger than 100 pixels in height and 150 pixels width, or 50 pixels height and 400 pixels width. The file size must be no larger than 20KB. You may have a maximum of four lines of text at text size 1, or two lines at text size 2.
The Digital Fix operates a system of formal warnings. All warnings are recorded within the "Warnings System", held against your account, which you may view at any time by logging in using your account username and password. Any warnings held against your username can only be accessed by us and yourself.
We will notify you of any warning made for breaking these terms and conditions by:
- A public warning within the thread in which you broke the terms and conditions.
- An e-mail to your registered account.
Depending on their severity any warnings you receive, you may be subject to a temporary or permanent ban. Following a temporary ban you should contact us to request the reinstatement of your account.
If you disagree with any decision we make, contact us privately where we will consider your complaint. You may not publicly question any decision we have made on the forum.
We will not sell or pass on your private details that we hold about you. All details held are required for the day-to-day running of The Digital Fix. However we reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Neither The Digital Fix, nor any of the associated sites, can be held responsible for any false, offensive or otherwise unacceptable content on this message board.
Breaches of our terms and conditions will be dealt with on an individual case-by-case basis, resulting in formal warnings, suspensions and permanent bans. In extreme cases we will not hesitate to report members to their Internet service provider (ISP) or to take legal action.
We reserve the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions at any time. All changes will be notified to members via an announcement visible in all forums, or if only relevant to a single forum, within a "sticky" thread within that forum (as listed above).
The Digital Fix is privately owned and run. Membership of The Digital Fix is not an automatic right of any user and is only granted on the condition that users accept all terms and conditions. Any use of the forum is taken as your agreement to these terms and conditions.
comments powered by Disqus